Starting Points FRC
The Starting Points Family Resource Center provides a wide range of support for families with children, prenatal to eight years old, and bring needed services together at local community locations. Core services focus on health, nutrition, child development screening and referral, parent and preschool educations, home-based service and outreach, and information and referral.
Programs and Services
- Provide information and referrals to assist with educational and family needs.
- Mandated Reporting Training for Professionals
- Parenting Educational Classes
- Parent and Child Lending Library
- Developmental Screenings and Referrals
- Child Abuse Prevention and Training
- Online Safety Classes
- Bullying Prevention Training
- Emergency Clothing Closet
- Family Enrichment Sessions
A Call To Action
According to the nationally recognized report from the Carnegie Task Force on Meeting the Needs of Young Children, four recommendations need immediate action to establish very important “Starting Points” for children and their families:
- Promote Responsible Parenthood: Society must foster both personal and social responsibility for having and raising children.
- Guarantee Quality Childcare Choices: Children need continuing relationships with a few caring people in a safe and predictable environment.
- Ensure Good Health and Protection: Children need to grow up in safe homes and neighborhoods.
- Mobilize Communities to Support Young Children and their Families: Every family with a child should have access to quality, comprehensive health care and parenting support.
Mercer County Starting Points FRC Contact:
120 Shaker Lane, Princeton, WV 24740
Alternate Contact: Shiloh Woodard