Child Protect exists to change those numbers and lead the fight against the cycle of child abuse through a stronger, more approachable model. And over the past fiscal year (2019-2020), we’ve made significant progress by providing 160 forensic interviews, 28 medical exams, and initiating therapy for 161 children in our community.
2019-2020 BY THE NUMBERS
Who We Serve
- 99% of victims knew their abuser. Abuse is a crime of secrecy.
- 51% of cases reported were sexual abuse
How Many Served
- Child Protect served over 200 children between July 2019- June 2020.
What We Provided
- Between July 2019 – June 2020
- 160 forensic interviews
- 161 children received therapy sessions
- 28 children received medical exams
What Caregivers Are Saying
- 98% agreed that their child felt safe at the CAC.
- 100% said if they knew anyone else with a situation like their family was facing, they would tell that person about the CAC.
- 100% said they felt Child Protect did everything it could do to assist them and their child.
How This Benefits Our Community
- The CAC model saved taxpayers in our community $336,087 in investigative expenses this year.
- If the CAC hadn’t intervened, the estimated lifetime costs of abuse for the children we served last year would have been $42,242,156.
Help Us Help Children Heal.
In order to continue helping children in our community begin their path to healing from abuse, we need your help.
Every dollar you donate will go directly back to supporting children here in our local community — helping promote justice for them, connecting them to healing services, and ending the cycle of abuse.